- Department of Innovative Technologies
- Course director
- Paolo Ceppi
- Qualification awarded
- Bachelor of Science SUPSI in Electrical Engineering
- Course type
- Full-time course (180 ECTS over three years)
- Application fee
- A CHF 100 fee must be paid when the application is made. This fee is not reimbursable, and cannot be deducted from the semester fee.
- Course fee
- The semester fee amounts to CHF 1,600. This sum is reduced to CHF 800 for students who benefit from the application of the ASUP Intercantonal Agreement for Vocational Universities (Swiss nationality or civil and fiscal domicile in Switzerland or in Liechtenstein). Specific agreements apply for students residing in Campione d’Italia. Contribution to didactic costs: 150 CHF each semester.
- Start date
- 18 September 2017
- Application deadline
- 15 June 2017
- The Bachelor course focuses on the basic branches of learning in electronics, such as analogue and digital electronics, microelectronics, regulation and control, sensorics and technical computer science. Other fundamental subjects, like mathematics and physics, are also important.
The Bachelor course focuses on the basic branches of learning in electronics, such as analogue and digital electronics, microelectronics, regulation and control, sensorics and technical computer science. Other fundamental subjects, like mathematics and physics, are also important.
The programme focuses strongly on practical activities, and throughout the six semesters, right from the start, theoretical lessons are accompanied by practical activities and experimental laboratory work. In their final year, students also execute project work, allowing them to translate into practice the concepts acquired during the course.
SUP Electrical Engineers have a broad-based comprehension of the design and
development methodologies of electronic systems, based on professional state-of-the-art concepts, on the ability to solve concrete problems and on the capacity to communicate in a professional manner.
Applicants with the following requirements are admitted without further examination:
- School leaving examination from a vocational technical high school linked to the chosen Bachelor;
- Federal high school matura or equivalent qualification. Starting from 2015 applicants have the possibility to choose between two access modes: 1) “SPI” mode, integrated study and practice; “APA” mode, pre-formative practice year;
- ST technician qualification or technician qualification awarded by a high school specializing in a field related to the chosen study path;
- More than 25 years of age and significant training and working experience in the field of the chosen Bachelor.
Candidates failing to meet the requirements specified above will be evaluated by an internal commission.
The electrical engineering programme trains professional operators who are of vital importance to industry and the service sector.
Electrical engineers are fundamental in the automation industry, the measurement systems industry, the energy production and distribution sector, and the telecommunications sector etc. The work performed is associated with the development and production of innovative products or with the provision of specialised services.
The Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering opens the door to a wide variety of potential job opportunities, with functions ranging from development to production, from marketing/sales to company management. The career opportunities available on completion of the course are initially technical in nature: designer and developer in specific industrial environments (the electronics and microelectronics industry) or in related industries (the manufacturing industry, the machine industry, and generally in production systems requiring automation, in the telecommunications industry).
Once experience has been acquired, it will be possible to pursue a career in development team and project management, and to specialise in specific industrial fields (perhaps also by means of a Master's degree in a technical or managerial discipline, from SUPSI or from another university).