- Department of Innovative Technologies
- Course director
- Walter Amaro
- Qualification awarded
- Bachelor of Science SUPSI in Mechanical Engineering
- Course type
- Full-time course (180 ECTS over three years)
- Application fee
- A CHF 100 fee must be paid when the application is made. This fee is not reimbursable, and cannot be deducted from the semester fee.
- Course fee
- The semester fee amounts to CHF 1,600. This sum is reduced to CHF 800 for students who benefit from the application of the ASUP Intercantonal Agreement for Vocational Universities (Swiss nationality or civil and fiscal domicile in Switzerland or in Liechtenstein). Specific agreements apply for students residing in Campione d’Italia. Contribution to didactic costs: 150 CHF each semester.
- Start date
- 18 September 2017
- Application deadline
- 15 June 2017
- The Mechanical Engineering degree programme aims to train professional operators who possess a fundamental understanding of the field and the necessary critical expertise onto which can be grafted specific skills related to the subjects essential to the profession.
The Mechanical engineering degree programme aims at training professional operators who possess a fundamental understanding of the field and the necessary critical expertise onto which can be grafted specific skills related to the subjects essential to the profession.
The objective is to allow future engineers to develop their knowledge of the theoretical-scientific aspects of mathematics, physics and engineering, together with the ability to conceive, plan, design and manage complex and/or innovative systems, processes and services.
Applicants with the following requirements are admitted without further examination:
- School leaving examination from a vocational technical high school linked to the chosen Bachelor;
- Federal high school matura or equivalent qualification. Starting from 2015 applicants have the possibility to choose between two access modes: 1) “SPI” mode, integrated study and practice; “APA” mode, pre-formative practice year;
- ST technician qualification or technician qualification awarded by a high school specializing in a field related to the chosen study path;
- More than 25 years of age and significant training and working experience in the field of the chosen Bachelor.
Candidates failing to meet the requirements specified above will be evaluated by an internal commission.
The career opportunities available on completion of this course are initially technical in nature, as designer and developer in specific environments (machine industry) or in related industries (electronics, computer science, manufacturing) and generally in production systems requiring mechanical systems.
Once experience has been acquired (perhaps also by means of a Master's degree in a technical or managerial discipline, from SUPSI or from another university), it will be possible to pursue a career in development team and project management, or to specialise in specific application fields.