- Accademia Teatro Dimitri
- Course director
- Daniel Bausch
- Qualification awarded
- Bachelor of Arts SUPSI in Theatre
- Course type
- Full-time course (180 ECTS over three years)
- Application fee
- The enrolment fee for the pre-examinations amounts to CHF /Euro 50. Students selected will be notified by April 14th if admitted to the subsequent admission examination. A fee of CHF 200 must be paid when submitting an admission application. This fee is not reimbursable, and cannot be deducted from the semester fee.
- Course fee
- The semester fee amounts to CHF 1'000. Contributions to didactic costs: CHF 1'650 per semester.
- Start date
- 18 September 2017
- Application deadline
- 14 May 2017
- During the three-year bachelor course students learn various techniques from theatre, dance and circus art. Based on the various disciplines students gain a wide spectrum for theatrical expression and creativity. Internal showings, in order to be confronted with an audience, are part of the training. Larger scale productions are incorporated into the Dimitri Theatre program and presented in other European countries.
To become a trained actor with various abilities and theatrical capacities, able to develop a personal stile and to work in a competitive environment.
Students develop a wide range of practical and creative skills. They become versatile performers in a distinctly physical way and are able to work productively in a team as well as propose their own ideas and concepts of theatre creation.
Admission to the Bachelor program is subject to the following requirements being met: age between 18 and 26 years old, a school-leaving certificate (high school or professional high school) or an equivalent diploma, and/or pronounced artistic talent.
Applicants to the BA program at Accademia Teatro Dimitri must first pass a preliminary exam which is held in various cities in Switzerland and Europe. It consists of a 4 hour work session covering two lessons, one in contemporary dance and one in theatre improvisation. The following aspects are evaluated: physical presence and capability, pleasure in play. Students selected will be notified by April 14th if admitted to the subsequent admission examination.