Business administration (in italian)
- Department of Business Economics, Health and Social Care
- Course director
- Monica Pongelli
- Qualification awarded
- Master of Science SUPSI In Business Administration with Major in Innovation Management
- Course type
- Course running in parallel with professional working activity (90 ECTS over five semesters)
- Application fee
- A 100 CHF fee must be paid when the application is made. This fee is not reimbursable, and cannot be deducted from the semester fee.
- Course fee
- The semester fee amounts to 1,600 CHF. This sum is reduced to 800 CHF for students who benefit from the application of the ASUP Intercantonal Agreement for Vocational Universities (Swiss nationality or civil and fiscal domicile in Switzerland or in Liechtenstein). Specific agreements apply for students residing in Campione d’Italia. Contribution to didactic costs: CHF 160 per semester.
- Start date
- 21 September 2017
- Application deadline
- 15 April 2017
- The SUPSI Master of Science course in Business Administration imparts specialist, in-depth research-based knowledge.
The SUPSI Master of Science course in Business Administration imparts specialist, in-depth research-based knowledge. The study of strategic business management focuses on the value generation capacity of innovation. Master's graduates will have acquired integrated, theoretical and practical skills by means of a range of state-of-the-art educational models.
The programme has a multidisciplinary approach and begins with General Management concepts. Students subsequently focus more fully on innovation management issues, and at the same time they are provided with the basis of Scientific Method.
A fundamental part of the programme consists of Practical Projects, such as processing strategic analyses in collaboration with local businesses, and participating in applied research projects in collaboration with other SUPSI departments.
The SUPSI Master of Science in Business Administration is aimed at strongly-motivated and determined individuals. Applicants must have a SUPSI Bachelor of Science in Business Management, or a SUP Business Manager diploma. The following applicants are also admitted: those with a first level university degree (Bachelor) or a four-year degree (in accordance with the regulations in force prior to the Bologna reform) in business science or related subjects. Applicants without any of the above qualifications are assessed case by case by the Master's Course Directorship. Further details can be found on the internet site in the document entitled "Admission Conditions".
The SUPSI Master of Science in Business Administration has been developed in collaboration with the other Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences.
The programme has been structured in accordance with the bachelor-master system and leads to a Master's Degree that is part of the Master's programmes cycles authorised by the Federal Department of Economics (DFE). Students study at SUPSI while also benefiting from a high profile national Master's model, competitive both nationally and internationally, and which differs distinctly from other university and continuing education master's programmes.
The Master's course acts a launching pad for individuals aspiring to become leading players in the business management field, operating in the financial and organisational dynamics of industrial companies and service organisations, in public administration and in major global enterprises. They will be trained to occupy positions of responsibility, to perform managerial roles and to direct strategic projects, working in areas such as marketing and product management, innovation management, key account management, management of complex strategic projects, company organisation and consulting. Graduates will also be in a position to direct small and medium-sized companies and to launch independent entrepreneurial initiatives.