- Department of Innovative Technologies
- Course director
- Ivan Defilippis
- Qualification awarded
- Master of Science SUPSI in Engineering with Specialization in
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Industrial Technologies
- Energy and Environment
- Business Engineering and Production
- Course type
- Full time course (90 ECTS over three semesters)
Course running in parallel with professional working activity (90 ECTS over two/three years)
- The modules will be held in Lugano in English in Lausanne in English or French and in Zurich in English or German.
- Application fee
- A CHF 100 fee must be paid when the application is made. This fee is not reimbursable, and cannot be deducted from the semester fee.
- Course fee
- The semester fee amounts to CHF 1,600. This sum is reduced to CHF 800 for students who benefit from the application of the ASUP Intercantonal Agreement for Vocational Universities (Swiss nationality or civil and fiscal domicile in Switzerland or in Liechtenstein). Specific agreements apply for students residing in Campione d’Italia. Contribution to didactic costs: 150 CHF each semester.
- Start date
- 18 September 2017
- Application deadline
- 15 June 2017
- MSE students will have gained specialised knowledge and personal skills, and will have a broad basic education in their chosen discipline. During their studies they will have intensified their ability to think at an abstract level and to gear their actions to particular applications and solutions. They will have a broad-ranging methodological know-how, recognise complex interconnections and be able to solve problems independently.
MSE students will have gained specialised knowledge and personal skills, and will have a broad basic education in their chosen discipline. During their studies they will have intensified their ability to think at an abstract level and to gear their actions to particular applications and solutions. They will have a broad-ranging methodological know-how, recognise complex interconnections and be able to solve problems independently.
During their studies, they will take part in practice-oriented projects designed to develop their skills and to give them specialist practical experience. They will be able to develop products and processes using the latest technologies. They will also have gained extensive project management experience and will recognise the application of their activities to the world of business. When confronted with complex problems, they will make vital contributions to their solutions by combining analytical, conceptual, technical and planning skills with an innovative approach. MSE graduates have strong communication skills and are able to operate confidently in an international environment.
The Master’s course is usually open to applicants with Bachelor Degrees who have obtained excellent results in the course of their Bachelor studies and whose subject area is related to the selected specialist course of study. The Master’s programme may also be open to people with equivalent qualifications. In this case, once the application form has been received, the SUP will check the suitability of the applicant.
The MSE course trains students to occupy positions of responsibility in the fields of Technology, Information Technology and Civil Engineering.
This specialist study also qualifies them for important positions in a specific field.
MSE graduates can assume managerial roles and take responsibility for interdisciplinary projects.