Music Composition and Theory
- Conservatory of Southern Switzerland
- Course director
- Ellen Frau
- Qualification awarded
- Master of Arts SUPSI in Music Composition and Theory
- Course type
- Full-time course (120 ECTS over two years)
- Application fee
- The application fee amounts to CHF 100.
- Course fee
- One-off registration fee CHF 250. Master semester fees CHF 1'500. Residents fees CHF 750. Administration fee CHF 250.
- Start date
- 11 September 2017
- Application deadline
- 31 March 2017
- This is a specialist course with a Major in Composition.
This is a specialist course with a Major in Composition. Particular focus is placed on the creative dimension of composition, the integration of contemplation and skilled craftsmanship. The electronic music component of the course is conducted in collaboration with the IRMus of the Accademia Internazionale della Musica di Milano (Scuole Civiche).
- know how to create a high-level professional product, in terms of technique and originality, in line with one’s artistic ideas;
- understand and know how to apply different composition techniques;
- know how to write (compose, arrange, orchestrate) for widely differing group types;
- know how to conceive, manipulate and develop musical ideas and aesthetics for the purposes of one’s own work;
- have a broad-ranging repertoire, with specific in-depth study in an area of personal interest
- Bachelor of Arts in Music or an equivalent musical education;
- pass an admission examination;
a BA degree does not automatically guarantee admission to the MA programme since the admission examination is compulsory for all applicants. Applicants with equivalent BA qualifications from other universities will receive equal treatment.