- Course director
- Corinna Vitale
- Qualification awarded
- Master of Arts SUPSI in Theatre
- Course type
- Full-time course (90 ECTS over two years)
- Application fee
- When the application is made the following fees must be paid: CHF 50 for examination of the “dossier”, and a further CHF 150 for the enrolment to the examination. These fees are not reimbursable and cannot be deducted from the semester fee.
- Course fee
- The semester fee amounts to CHF 1’200. No contribution to didactic costs is required.
- Start date
- 18 September 2017
- Application deadline
- 14 May 2017
- As part of the “Master Campus Theatre CH” of Verscio, Zurich, Lausanne and Berne, the Master in Theatre Arts at Accademia Teatro Dimitri specializes in Physical theatre. On completion of the Master course, students must integrate their skills effectively in a professional project, alone or in collaboration with other artists, and in a theoretical reflection about a specific topic or the process of the production itself.
Structured modularly, the studies allow the students to develop their own expressive capacity in terms of performance and theatrical creation and to cultivate their own aptitude for theatrical reflection and self-criticism.
Students develop their artistic, communicative and reflective competences. Devising a play from scratch, usually personal material, is a complex process, and calls for the combination of traditionally separated functions in the theatre such as author, director, and player. The Master curriculum aims to integrate these functions towards the notion of a complete theatre artist.
A Bachelor degree in theatre, dance, circus arts or an equivalent diploma. Candidates who display exceptional artistic talent can be admitted on the basis of their dossier (without an academic degree).
Application: complete entry form and dossier including all the required documents.
Admission: if the dossier meets the expected standard the candidate will be invited to an interview and a practical exam.
A theatre artist striving to succeed in the competitive arena of today's physical theatre scene must combine creative talent with organisational and management skills. The range of career opportunities for Master graduates is very wide and covers all fields of performing arts as well as its pedagogy.