The creation of a global society has also been promoted by the development of new technological solutions for the exchange of information, goods, services and for individual mobility. The resulting changes are rather extensive. The need to bring together technical, social and managerial expertise, together with the obvious economic consequences generated by systems in terms of data and knowledge processing and management, have become real and an operational requirement for everybody.
New data treatment methodologies can be used to develop IT systems and areas of knowledge, increasing the potential for evaluation and decision making, and also for understanding behaviour.
Further development of an “intelligent” society is the next frontier in numerous scientific fields, and particularly in applications of a broad range of human activities. Since data management systems have become pervasive in character and appear in many aspects of daily life, the features of quality and usability for the end user are becoming increasingly important.
The research axis aims to:
- direct research and the transfer of SUPSI knowledge in the intelligent systems sector and for the processing of knowledge, communications and information, reinforcing the interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary aspect intrinsic to telematics;
- group together in one specific direction activities conducted in fields such as intelligent behaviour systems, systems for learning, communications and IT system networks, IT systems for company management, for e-government, e-society, e-inclusion etc. activities in general (including social services for citizens);
- utilise existing expertise to design and develop systems (including interface design) suited to solving complex problems, in a variety of unpredictable environments with limited resources;
- add the dimensions related to the consequences and the social changes induced by the exchange of information and knowledge using new methodologies;
- bring about technological development and continuously integrate the dimensions referred to above in the search for new solutions in the data processing and management sector;
- address the aesthetic, functional and behavioural aspects of objects and products for consumption and communication, public and private environments and fittings, innovative public utility services at the point in which they interact with humankind, therefore moderating the technological implementation in relation to the communication, application and utilisation mode and to the economic, social and cultural changes.
Research axis Leader
Department for Environment Constructions and Design
University Directorship SUPSI
Scuola universitaria professionale della Svizzera italiana
Le Gerre, Via Pobiette 11
T +41 (0)58 666 60 00
F +41 (0)58 666 60 01