Contact person for applied research and knowledge transfer projects
Deadline: September 30th, 2023
The University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI), headquartered in Manno, is inviting applications for a Scientific collaborator with a permanent contract and a minimum employment level of 60%. Entry into service: as soon as possible.
Scope and purpose of the positionThe Research, Development and Knowledge Transfer Directorate is primarily the point of reference for SUPSI researchers with regard to the acquisition of external funding at national and international level, as well as for quality control and support of research, transfer and service activities. It is also the activator of multidisciplinary projects that distinguish SUPSI's research strategy and takes care of the open science policy, as well as activities for the transfer and valorization of research results, including aspects related to IPR, start-ups and spin-offs, and relations with the regional innovation system.
Responsibilities and activities
- Follow the activities of the SUPSI Research, Development and Knowledge Transfer Directorate, providing support and guidance to researchers in the evaluation, preparation and presentation of applied research projects and programs to funders.
- Acting as a reference for Innosuisse programs, maintaining contact with the Swiss Agency for the Promotion of Innovation and providing qualified support to researchers in accessing funding and drafting project applications.
- Collaborate with the research directorate's contact persons for basic (SNF) and international (European Framework Program) research projects and programs to ensure strategic and structured growth of research, development and knowledge transfer activities at SUPSI.
- Follow all the elements inherent to the exploitation of research results, including aspects of intellectual property management and the processes inherent to start-ups and spin-offs generated by SUPSI.
- Support collaboration with local organizations and companies, particularly in the context of the regional innovation system.
- Participate in quality assessments (peer reviews) and accreditation processes of research and services at institutional level, taking care of the technical and scientific aspects, in particular of processes relating to applied research projects and the valorization of research results.
- Monitor and evaluate the technical and scientific content of data related to applied research and knowledge transfer for its own projects and activities, including the management of these data via the dedicated digital platform (CRIS).
- Participate in the other activities of the RSTC Directorate as required, with particular reference to aspects relevant to communication to its stakeholders and the transfer and exploitation of knowledge.
- Contribute to the work of the SUPSI Research Commission, in particular by collaborating on its activities geared towards applied research, knowledge transfer and the exploitation of research results.
- Experience in applied research, knowledge transfer and valorization of research results.
- Proven general knowledge of the cantonal, Swiss and European research universe.
- Knowledge of cantonal, federal and international research funding systems.
- Specific knowledge of Innosuisse's funding instruments for applied research is an asset.
- Experience in intellectual property management and university start-ups/spin-offs is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Italian and English, knowledge of other national languages desirable.
- Scientific writing and critical reading skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ease and openness to networking.
- Flexibility and pro activity.
- Aptitude for methodical and structured work.
- Permanent contract and grading according to one's profile and professional experience.
- Induction into a close-knit and collaborative team.
- An open, stimulating working environment based on a constantly evolving interdisciplinary and multi-professional approach.
- A working environment focused on the quality of human relations and innovation.
- Possibility of conducting one's own academic training and/or research activities where there is interest and feasibility.
Additional informationThe requirements for this function are published within the “Direttive interne SUPSI” and within “Regolamento del personale SUPSI” on the italian page “Documenti ufficiali”.
For further information please contact:
Prof. Dr. Emanuele Carpanzano
Applicants should submit the following documents, written in English:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates of study
- Copy of identity document
- Extract of criminal records valid for six month
Applications should be submitted electronically by September 30th, 2023 through the appropriate online form.
Applications which are incomplete or sent after the deadline will not be considered.