Ph.D. Researchers in the area of algorithms
Deadline: October 1st, 2023
The University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI) has opened two full-time (100%) positions for Ph.D. Researchers at the Department of Innovative Technologies (DTI), located in Lugano, within the Institute Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence (IDSIA). Contract will start on November 1st, 2023, or the date to be agreed upon.
Responsibilities and activities
- Design and analysis of algorithms and data structures, with a special focus on approximation algorithms for network problems and resource scheduling.
- Publications in journals and conferences of good level.
- Support in the training of Ph.D. students.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related areas (obtained or close to be obtained).
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Solid publication record in the area.
- Fixed-term employment contract.
- An international working environment.
- Participation in high-profile conferences, workshop and schools.
- Attractive salary, in line with Swiss standards.
Additional informationThe requirements for this function are published within the “Direttive interne SUPSI” and within “Regolamento del personale SUPSI” on the italian page “Documenti ufficiali”.
For further information please contact:
Applicants should submit the following documents, written in English:
- Motivation letter, including a brief description of past research experience and future interests (1-2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae with publications list and possibly link to the thesis
- List of exams and their grades obtained during the Bachelor and the Master of Science
- List of three references (with e-mail addresses)
- Copy of identity document
- Extract of criminal records valid for six month
Applications should be submitted electronically by October 1st, 2023 through the appropriate online form.
Applications which are incomplete or sent after the deadline will not be considered.