Master of Science in Engineering - Civil Engineering
SUPSI Image Default
SUPSI FB Course Header
Master of Science in Engineering - Civil Engineering
SUPSI Course Overview
Course FB Modules List
Course FB Study Program
SUPSI Course Responsibles
Course FB Teachers
- ability to meet current and future civil engineering challenges;
- managing challenging projects in interdisciplinary teams and communicating results in a professional manner;
- develop innovation processes and manage the entire construction process through collaboration with SUPSI institutes and research laboratories;
- management of civil engineering structures and infrastructure;
- management of building maintenance, reinforcement, protection and conservation operations;
- management of natural hazards (geological and hydraulic) on the territory, identification, definition and modelling of hazards, risk management, design of protection works, maintenance and assessment of the degree of conservation of the works;
- design of building envelopes using modern methods and simulation tools with a focus on the interaction between building physics, energy, structural engineering and architectural requirements;
- use of modern digital technologies and operate in accordance with sustainability and professional ethics.
The Master of Science in Engineering is the highest degree conferred by a university of applied sciences in Switzerland in the fields of engineering and IT.
MSE graduates can continue their education with a PhD at Swiss or international universities and polytechnics, as well as through continuing education courses:
- Master of Advanced Studies (MAS)
- Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS)
- Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS
SUPSI graduates from the Master of Science in Engineering programme with a profile in Civil Engineering can find employment in the following fields and professional activities:
- Engineering studies;
- Construction companies;
- Laboratories and research and development centres;
- Cantonal and federal technical offices.
Modules of 3 credits each divided into three areas:
- 3 FTP modules (fundamental theoretical principles)
- 4 TSM modules (technical and scientific skills specific to the chosen profile)
- 2 CM modules (context modules)
- 1 module of your choice from FTP, TSM and CM
Modules that vary according to the specialization profile.This part of the curriculum allows for an in-depth study of specific topics and an approach to the world of practice by working on individual projects, group projects or by attending seminars and Summer Schools.
Enables the skills acquired during the course of study to be put into practice and further developed.
The work undertaken must meet high methodological, conceptual and scientific requirements. The thesis takes the form of a project assigned by a company, organisation or a research assignment awarded within the university of applied sciences.
- FTP_AppStat: Applied Statistics and Data Analysis (Lugano and Zurich)
- FTP_Life: Lifecycle Management of Infrastructures (Zurich)
- FTP_OrdDiff: Ordinary Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems (Lugano and Zurich)
- FTP_PartDiff: Partial differential equations in engineering applications (Lugano e Zurich)
- FTP_CompAlg: Numerical Analysis and Computer Algebra (Zurich)
- FTP_Tensors: Vectors and Tensors in Engineering Physics (Zurich)
- FTP_Energy: Energy: Production, Consumption and Management (Zurigo and Lausanne)
- TSM_BauStat: Baustatik (Zurich)
- TSM_Build: Zustandserfassung von Bauwerken (Zurich)
- TSM_MatPla: Werkstoffmechanik und Plastizitätstheorie (Zurich)
- TSM_NatHaz: Naturgefahren (Zurich and Lausanne)
- TSM_StrucEng: Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering (Zurich)
- TSM_CSM: Computational Structural Mechanics (Zurich e Lausanne)
- TSM_StrVibr: Structural and Vibration (Lugano)
- TSM_BIM: Building Information Modelling (BIM) (Zurich e Lausanne)
- CM_AcWritPre: Academic Writing and Presenting (Zurich)
- CM_AdvProjMgmt: Advanced Project Management (Lugano)
- CM_Entrepr: Corporate Management and Entrepreneurship (Zurich)
- CM_Ethics: Ethics and Corporate Responsibility (Zurich)
- CM_InnoLEAN: Innovation and Lean (Lugano)
- CM_PrivLaw: Privacy and Law (Zurich)
- CM_QRM: Quality and Risk Management (Lugano and Zurich)
- CM_SustDev: Sustainable development (Zurich)
- BSc in Civil Engineering
- BSc in Geomatics, major in Construction and Infrastructure (BSc HES-SO)
The eligibility of applicants and candidates will be checked individually.
SUPSI Image Focus
Collaborazione con le altre SUP svizzere
Studentesse e studenti hanno la possibilità di svolgere progetti e lavori di diploma in collaborazione con aziende e istituzioni del territorio che permette loro di avvicinarsi al mondo industriale.
Individualizzazione del percorso
Il MSE si contraddistingue per un’ampia libertà di scelta. Studentesse e studenti stipulano con la/il propri advisor l'Accordo di studi indivuale (ASI) per modellare il percorso di apprendimento in base ai propri interessi personali e obiettivi professionali.
Tesi e progetti
Progetti di semestre e di diploma vengono svolti in collaborazione con aziende e istituzioni del territorio per confrontarsi con temi reali e avvicinarsi al mondo industriale.
I moduli vengono offerti in inglese a Lugano, in tedesco o francese a Losanna e in tedesco o inglese a Zurigo.