06 November 2023
from 08:15 to 11:45
Register now for the event promoted by SUPSI in collaboration with digitalswitzerland and dedicated to young technology enthusiasts!
On 6 November 2023, at the Sala Polivalente of the USI-SUPSI East Campus in Lugano, we will explore the future of technology with a special focus on Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Discover Machine Learning, Federated Learning and applications of AI in visual design. A unique educational experience for young people interested in innovation.
Programme of activities:
08.15 Arrival of guests
08.30 Welcome and institutional greeting
- Milena Properzi, Director of the Department of Innovative Technologies (DTI) SUPSI
08.45 Rock Paper Scissors
- David Huber, Senior Researcher Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence Studies IDSIA USI-SUPSI
How does a computer learn? Let's find out together what Machine Learning is and how it works. With a practical example, we try to teach a computer to recognise rock-paper-scissors gestures from images.
09.15 Federated learning
- Daniele Malpetti, researcher at the Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence Studies IDSIA USI-SUPSI
In our society, data is a valuable resource as it allows us to gain valuable knowledge. However, there are situations where it is not possible to share it freely, as is the case with patient data collected by hospitals. During the presentation we will discover how different hospitals can collaborate and extract knowledge from data, using all available data without ever having to share it directly.
10.00 AI applied to visual design
- Max Fonseca, Scientific Collaborator Design Institute, Department of Environment Constructions and Design
- Elisa Cavalli, Bachelor in Visual Communication, Department of Environment Constructions and Design
What can be developed with AI? Together we will explore the new frontiers of visual design.
How does it work, how do we generate images and what can be achieved in the field of visual communication?