Short training for graduate nurses
SUPSI Image Focus
The accelerated training programme enables SSS (Specialised Higher Education) and SRC (Swiss Red Cross) graduates to obtain the SUPSI Bachelor of Science degree in nursing through a one-year training course and 90 ECTS certification.
- professional practice based on available and up-to-date scientific evidence and reflection in action (Evidence Based Practice (EBP) and Nursing (EBN), access to and use of databases, guidelines, protocols)
- acquisition of knowledge and tools that will enable participation in professional research projects management of projects and dissemination of results
- systematic implementation of Clinical assessment so as to be able to make professional judgements and evaluations and participate in decision-making regarding the therapy and treatment of patients
- strengthening of multi-professional collaboration and leadership skills (partnership, responsibility, networking, teamwork, delegation, evaluation of effectiveness)
The Bachelor's degree allows direct access to Diplomas or Masters of Advanced Studies (CAS/DAS/MAS) and Master of Science in Nursing programmes.
- Duration and frequency: two semesters, two days a week; the training takes place alongside professional activity
- Teaching methods: integrates tutorial teaching methods and distance learning (blended learning), thanks to the accompaniment of lecturers with experience and clinical and pedagogical-didactic skills
- Credits: 90 ECTS in total; part of the credits can be obtained through possible recognition and previous equivalences (36 ECTS), the remainder are to be acquired by attending specialised modules (44 ECTS) and through integrated professional practice in the training year (10 ECTS)
- Study plan: for more information it is possible to consult the detailed study plan
Costs: CHF 800.- per semester
The training will be offered again in the academic year 2024-25 and will start in October 2024 (only if a minimum number of participants is reached).
- January to August 2024 - Candidate interviews and applications
- October 2024 - Start of training
- Summer-autumn 2025 - Bachelor's degree certification in nursing
SSS (Technical School) or SRC (Swiss Red Cross) diploma.Applicants over the age of 25 may be admitted without a baccalaureate (vocational or high school) but are considered by the management to have significant training and experience.
Enrolment procedures and deadlines
- Information and orientation interview
The interested candidate arranges a meeting with the programme manager Mr Mauro Realini. The aim is to establish an initial contact to get to know each other and to provide the opportunity to obtain all the information necessary to make a decision. At this meeting, the application dossier will be preliminarily compiled, equivalences assessed and an individual training agreement drawn up. In the event of a positive decision, the dossier can be forwarded for final admission
- Application for admission
Formalised, after the interview, by sending the application dossier and completing the administrative documents required for SUPSI admissions (form, ASUP form, languages). For further information, please contact the manager, Mauro Realini.
- Recognition of equivalences
Confirmation of admission will make it possible to formalise recognition of training elements related to the programme acquired and certified elsewhere (English language, palliative care, etc.). The awarding of equivalences exempts the candidate from attending the course and from being certified by the corresponding examination.