The SUPSI PVLab laboratory offers numerous services to the local area. These include a series of tests ranging from electrical to mechanical characterization, including accelerated aging and energy yield tests. These tests are divided into three main categories: Characterization, Safety and Reliability.
- Current-voltage characterisation at standard test conditions (STC) with spectral mismatch correction for high accuracy (+/- 1.6%)
- Current-voltage characterisation at different irradiances and temperatures (temperature coefficients)
- Spectral response measurements
- Stabilisation of modules by light soaking (degradation assessment)
- Current-voltage characterisation for multi-junction cells up to 1200 suns
- Generation of reference forms
- Determination of module parameters for PVSYST