The FabLab designs innovative educational formats and research projects to foster design innovations and digital skills development. It aims to facilitate the professional hybridization among architects/designers, engineers/developers, and entrepreneurs/communicators by developing paths for the development of interdisciplinary digital skills.
The goal is to support and promote
- the teaching in the fields of architecture, construction, and design, particularly in the areas of parametric design and digitized modeling.
- themes, techniques, and technologies related to prototyping, programming, and digital design through computer-controlled machines.
- continuous training in fast prototyping and digitalized manufacturing and modeling for architecture and design in the Ticino region.
- the research on materials, technologies, and design processes enhanced by digital fabrication in the fields of architecture, design, and construction.
- the open innovation model in accordance with MIT guidelines, emphasizing the use of Open Source practices.