Institute of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Technology (MEMTi)
SUPSI Image Default
Institute of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Technology
Mission and objectives
The Institute provides excellence in the development of technological products and processes applied to the manufacturing and energy sectors through close collaboration with academia, institutions and industry at local, national and international levels.
To be a leading academic partner for technological innovation in Ticino in the manufacturing sector.
Delivering excellence to industry and public bodies for the development of innovative technological products and processes for business competitiveness and environmental sustainability.
Department of belonging
- a.i. Prof. Maurizio Barbato
Institute Board Members
- Prof. PhD. Maurizio Barbato, Head of Thermo-fluid Dynamics Laboratory
- Prof. PhD. Andrea Castrovinci, Head of Polymer Engineering Laboratory
- Eng. Luca Diviani, Head of Mechanical Engineering Laboratory
- Prof. PhD. Giovanni Maria Pavan, Head of Computational Material Science Laboratory
- Prof. Alberto Ortona, Head of Hybrid Materials Laboratory
- Cinzia Dolci, Institute secretary
Strain Energy Density as Failure Criterion for Quasi-Static Uni-axial Tensile Loading
Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale, vol. 15, pp. 331-349
Design and optimization of a high-temperature latent heat storage unit
Self-assembled poly-catenanes from supramolecular toroidal building blocks
Nature, vol. 583, pp. 400-405
Perspective on Polylactic Acid-Based Polymers Use for Nanoparticles Synthesis and Applications, A
Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, vol. 7
Additive manufacturing of periodic ceramic substrates for automotive catalyst supports
International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology
The Institute is equipped with experimental and diagnostic facilities to offer services to public and local private companies and institutions.